The CAT24C256 is a 256 kb Serial CMOS EEPROM, internally organized as 32,768 words of 8 bits each.
It features a 64−byte page write buffer and supports both the Standard (100 kHz) as well as Fast (400 kHz) I2C protocol.
Write operations can be inhibited by taking the WP pin High (this protects the entire memory).
External address pins make it possible to address up to eight CAT24C256 devices on the same bus.
• Supports Standard and Fast I2C Protocol
• 1.8 V to 5.5 V Supply Voltage Range
• 64−Byte Page Write Buffer
• Hardware Write Protection for Entire Memory
• Schmitt Triggers and Noise Suppression Filters on I2C Bus Inputs
(SCL and SDA)
• Low Power CMOS Technology
• 1,000,000 Program/Erase Cycles
• 100 Year Data Retention
• Industrial and Extended Temperature Range
• PDIP, SOIC, TSSOP and TDFN 8−lead Packages
• This Device is Pb−Free, Halogen Free/BFR Free, and RoHS