The AT29LV040A is a 3-volt-only in-system Flash Programmable and Erasable Read Only Memory (PEROM). Its 4 megabits of memory is organized as 524,288 words by 8 bits. Manufactured with Atmel’s advanced nonvolatile CMOS EEPROM technology, the device offers access times up to 200 ns, and a low 54 mW power dissipation. When the device is deselected, the CMOS standby current is less than 20 µA. The device endurance is such that any sector can typically be written to in excess of 10,000 times. The programming algorithm is compatible with other devices in Atmel’s 3-volt-only Flash memories.
To allow for simple in-system reprogrammability, the AT29LV040A does not require high input voltages for programming. Three-volt-only commands determine the operation of the device. Reading data out of the device is similar to reading from an EPROM. Reprogramming the AT29LV040A is performed on a sector basis; 256-bytes of data are loaded into the device and then simultaneously programmed.
• Single Voltage, Range 3V to 3.6V Supply
• 3-Volt-Only Read and Write Operation
• Software Protected Programming
• Fast Read Access Time - 200 ns
• Low Power Dissipation
15 mA Active Current
20 µA CMOS Standby Current
• Sector Program Operation
Single Cycle Reprogram (Erase and Program)
2048 Sectors (256 bytes/sector)
Internal Address and Data Latches for 256-Bytes
• Two 16 KB Boot Blocks with Lockout
• Fast Sector Program Cycle Time - 20 ms Max.
• Internal Program Control and Timer
• DATA Polling for End of Program Detection
• Typical Endurance > 10,000 Cycles
• CMOS and TTL Compatible Inputs and Outputs
• Commercial and Industrial Temperature Ranges