The EN29LV160C is a 16-Megabit, electrically erasable, read/write non-volatile flash memory, organized as 2,097,152 bytes or 1,048,576 words. Any byte can be programmed typically in 8µs. The EN29LV160C features 3.0V voltage read and write operation, with access times as fast as 70ns to eliminate the need for WAIT states in high-performance microprocessor systems.
The EN29LV160C has separate Output Enable (OE#), Chip Enable (CE#), and Write Enable (WE#) controls, which eliminate bus contention issues. This device is designed to allow either single Sector or full chip erase operation, where each Sector can be individually protected against program/erase operations or temporarily unprotected to erase or program. The device can sustain a minimum of 100K program/erase cycles on each Sector.
• 3.0V, single power supply operation
- Minimizes system level power requirements
• High performance
- Access times as fast as 70 ns
• Low power consumption (typical values at 5 MHz)
- 9 mA typical active read current
- 20 mA typical program/erase current
- Less than 1 μA standby current
• Flexible Sector Architecture:
- One 16-Kbyte, two 8-Kbyte, one 32-Kbyte, and thirty-one 64-Kbyte sectors (byte mode)
- One 8-Kword, two 4-Kword, one 16-Kword and thirty-one 32-Kword sectors (word mode)
• Sector protection :
- Hardware locking of sectors to prevent program or erase operations within individual sectors
- Additionally, temporary Sector Group Unprotect allows code changes in previously locked sectors.
• Secured Silicon Sector
- Provides a 128-words area for code or data that can be permanently protected.
- Once this sector is protected, it is prohibited to program or erase within the sector again.
• High performance program/erase speed
- Byte/Word program time: 8µs typical
- Sector erase time: 100ms typical
- Chip erase time: 4s typical
• JEDEC Standard program and erase commands
• JEDEC standard DATA# polling and toggle bits feature
• Single Sector and Chip Erase
• Sector Unprotect Mode
• Embedded Erase and Program Algorithms
• Erase Suspend / Resume modes: Read and program another Sector during Erase Suspend Mode
• Triple-metal double-poly triple-well CMOS Flash Technology
• Low Vcc write inhibit < 2.5V
• minimum 100K program/erase endurance cycle
• Package Options
- 48-pin TSOP (Type 1)
- 48 ball 6mm x 8mm TFBGA
• Industrial Temperature Range