The ICL7104, combined with the ICL8052 or ICL8068, forms a member of Intersil’ high performance A/D converter family. The ICL7104-16, performs the analog switching and digital function for a 16-bit binary A/D converter, with full three-state output, UART handshake capability, and other outputs for easy interfacing. The ICL7014-14 is a 14-bit version. The analog section, as with all Intersil’ integrating converters, provides fully precise Auto-Zero, Auto-Polarity (including ±0 null indication), single reference operation, very high input impedance, true input integration over a constant period for maximum EMI rejection, fully rationmetric operation, over-range indication, and a medium quality built-in reference. The chip pair also offers optional input buffer gain for high sensitivity applications, a built-in clock oscillator, and output signals for providing an external Auto-Zero capability in preconditioning circuitry, synchronizing external multiplexers, etc.
• 16-Bit/14-Bit Binary Three-State Latched Outputs Plus Polarity and Overrange
• Ideally Suited for Interface to UARTs and Microprocessors
• Conversion on Demand or Continuously
• Guaranteed Zero Reading for 0V Input
• True Polarity at Zero Count for Precise Null Detection
• Single Reference Voltage for True Ratiometric Operation
• Onboard Clock and Reference
• Auto-Zero, Auto-Polarity
• Accuracy Guaranteed to 1 Count
• All Outputs TTL Compatible
• ±4V Analog Input Range
• Status Signal Available for External Sync, A/Z in Preamp, Etc.