The LC5822, LC5823, and LC5824 are CMOS microcontrollers that feature the low-voltage operation required for battery-power applications and that provide 4 KB, 6 KB, or 8 KB of ROM, 1 kilobit of RAM, and an LCD driver.
• These microcontrollers are high-end versions of the LC5800 and provide the following features.
Low Current Drain * In halt mode (typical)
• Ceramic oscillator 400 kHz (3.0 V) 200 µA
• Crystal oscillator 32 kHz (1.5 V, Ag specifications) 3.0 µA (LCD biases other than 1/3) 4.5 µA (LCD drive: 1/3 bias)
• Crystal oscillator 32 kHz (3.0 V, Li specifications) 2.0 µA (LCD biases other than 1/3) 6.0 µA (LCD drive: 1/3 bias)
Timer and Counter Functions
• One 8-bit programmable timer (May be used as an event counter)
• One 8-bit programmable reload timer
• Time base timer (for clocks)
• Watchdog timer
• 8-bit serial I/O (3-pin synchronous system)
• Clock standby function (halt mode)
Only the oscillator circuits, the divider circuit, and the LCD driver operate. All other internal operations are stopped. This provides a power-saving function in which current drain is minimized, and allows a clock function to be implemented easily with low power dissipation.
Furthermore, low-speed and high-speed modes can be implemented by setting the operating modes of the two oscillator circuits.
• Full standby function (hold mode)
• Halt mode can be cleared by any of two external and two internal interrupts.
• LCD display in multi-function watches, timers, and other products
• Control and LCD display in timers
• Control and LCD display in miniature test equipment, health maintenance equipment, and other products
• These microcontrollers are optimal for products that include an LCD display, especially battery powered products.