The LM1084 is a low dropout three terminal regulator with 5A output current capability. The output voltage is adjustable with the use of a resistor divider or fixed 1.5V, 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V and 5.0V. Dropout voltage is guaranteed to be at maximum of 1.4V with the maximum output current. Its low dropout voltage and fast transient response make it ideal for low voltage microprocessor applications. Current limit and thermal protection provide protection against any overload condition that would create excessive junction temperatures.
1. Dropout Voltage 1.3V at 5A Output Current.
2. Fast Transient Response.
3. Extremely Tight Line and Load Regulation.
4. Current Limiting and Thermal Protection.
5. Adjustable Output Voltage or Fixed 1.5V, 1.8V,
2.5V, 3.3V, 5.0V.
6. Standard 3-Pin Power Packages.