The MSMCG(J)5.0A through MXLSMCG(J)170A series of 1500 watt high-reliability Transient Voltage Suppressors (TVSs) protects a variety of voltage-sensitive components. The SMCG gullwing design in the DO-215AB package allows for visible solder connections. The SMCJ J-bend design in the DO-214AB package allows for greater PC board mounting density. Selections include unidirectional and bidirectional as well as RoHS compliant versions. These are available with a variety of upscreening options for enhanced reliability. They can protect against the secondary effects of lightning per IEC61000-4-5 and against voltage pulses from inductive switching environments and induced by RF radiation. Since their response time is virtually instantaneous, they can also be used in protection from ESD and EFT per IEC61000-4-2 and IEC61000-4-4.
• High reliability devices with fabrication and assembly lot traceability.
• All devices are 100% surge tested.
• 3σ lot norm screening performed on standby current (ID).
• Available in both unidirectional and bidirectional versions.
• Moisture classification is “Level 1” with no dry pack required per IPC/JEDEC J-STD-020B.
• Enhanced reliability screening options are available in reference to MIL-PRF-19500.
Refer to High Reliability Up-Screened Plastic Products Portfolio for more details on the screening options.
(See part nomenclature for all available options).
• RoHS compliant versions available.
• Axial-lead equivalent packages for thru-hole mounting are available as 1.5KE6.8A to 1.5KE200CA
or 1N6267 thru 1N6303A and 1N5908 (contact Microsemi for other surface mount options).
APPLICATIONS / BENEFITS
• High-reliability devices.
• Selections for 5.0 to 170 volts standoff voltages (VWM).
• Protection from switching transients and induced RF.
• Protection from ESD, and EFT per IEC 61000-4-2 and IEC 61000-4-4.
• Secondary lightning protection per IEC61000-4-5 with 42 ohms source impedance:
Class 1: MSMC 5.0A to MXLSMC 170A or CA
Class 2: MSMC 5.0A to MXLSMC 150A or CA
Class 3: MSMC 5.0A to MXLSMC 75A or CA
Class 4: MSMC 5.0A to MXLSMC 36A or CA
• Secondary lightning protection per IEC61000-4-5 with 12 ohms source impedance:
Class 1: MSMC 5.0A to MXLSMC 90A or CA
Class 2: MSMC 5.0A to MXLSMC 45A or CA
Class 3: MSMC 5.0A to MXLSMC 24A or CA
Class 4: MSMC 5.0A to MXLSMC 11A or CA
• Secondary lightning protection per IEC61000-4-5 with 2 ohms source impedance:
Class 2: MSMC 5.0A to MXLSMC 22A or CA
Class 3: MSMC 5.0A to MXLSMC 10A or CA