A Line Card or a PBX consists of a line card controller, multiple layer-1 transceivers for t/r (a/b), S/T, UP and U2B1Q interfaces, signaling controllers, a microprocessor, memory, power supply, transformers, etc. The new Siemens generation of highly integrated ISDN circuits enables design Engineers to decrease board size and thus PBX size and its production costs.
• Eight full duplex 2B+D UPN interface transceivers, each equipped with the following functions:
– Conversion from/to binary to/from pseudo-ternary code
– Receive timing recovery
– Activation/deactivation procedures, triggered by primitives received over the IOM interface or by INFO received from the line (e.g. detection of INFO 1)
– Execution of test loops
– Analog line transceiver for up to 16 dB line attenuation
– UPN interface functions compatible to PEB 2095, IBC, and PEB 20950, ISAC-P (except for looplength)
– UPN interface fully compatible to PSB 2196, ISAC-P TE, and PSB 2197, SmartLink-P.
• IOM-2 interface
• Support for JTAG boundary scan test
• 1µ CMOS technology with low power consumption
• P-MQFP-44 package