The CA723 and CA723C are silicon monolithic integrated circuits designed for service as voltage regulators at output voltages ranging from 2V to 37V at currents up to 150mA.
Each type includes a temperature-compensated reference amplifier, an error amplifier, a power series pass transistor, and a current-limiting circuit. They also provide independently accessible inputs for adjustable current limiting and remote shutdown and, in addition, feature low standby current drain, low temperature drift, and high ripple rejection.
The CA723 and CA723C may be used with positive and negative power supplies in a wide variety of series, shunt, switching, and floating regulator applications. They can provide regulation at load currents greater than 150mA and in excess of 10A with the use of suitable n-p-n or p-n-p external pass transistors.
The CA723 and CA723C are supplied in the 10 lead TO-100 metal can(T suffix), and the 14 lead dual-in-line plastic package (E suffix), and are direct replacements for industry types LM723, LM723C in packages with similar terminal arrangements.
• Up to 150mA Output Current
• Positive and Negative Voltage Regulation
• Regulation in Excess of 10A with Suitable Pass
• Input and Output Short-Circuit Protection
• Load and Line Regulation. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 0.03%
• Direct Replacement for 723 and 723C Industry Types
• Adjustable Output Voltage . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2V to 37V
• Series and Shunt Voltage Regulator
• Floating Regulator
• Switching Voltage Regulator
• High-Current Voltage Regulator
• Temperature Controller