This datasheet contains the description of the device features, pinout, electrical characteristics, mechanical data and ordering information.
• For complete information on the STM8S microcontroller memory, registers and peripherals, please refer to the STM8S microcontroller family reference manual (RM0016).
• For information on programming, erasing and protection of the internal Flash memory please refer to the STM8S Flash programming manual (PM0051).
• For information on the debug and SWIM (single wire interface module) refer to the STM8 SWIM communication protocol and debug module user manual (UM0470).
• For information on the STM8 core, please refer to the STM8 CPU programming manual (PM0044).
The STM8S005xx value line 8-bit microcontrollers offer 32 Kbytes of Flash program memory, plus 128 bytes of data EEPROM. They are referred to as medium-density devices in the STM8S microcontroller family reference manual (RM0016). All devices of the STM8S005xx value line provide the following benefits: performance, robustness, reduced system cost, and short develoment cycles.
Device performance and robustness are ensured by true data EEPROM supporting up to 100 000 write/erase cycles, advanced core and peripherals made in a state-of-the art technology, a 16 MHz clock frequency, robust I/Os, independent watchdogs with separate clock source, and a clock security system.
The system cost is reduced thanks to high system integration level with internal clock oscillators, watchdog and brown-out reset.
Common family product architecture with compatible pinout, memory map and modular peripherals allow application scalability and reduced development cycles.
All products operate from a 2.95 to 5.5 V supply voltage.
Full documentation is offered as well as a wide choice of development tools.
• 16 MHz advanced STM8 core with Harvard architecture and 3-stage pipeline
• Extended instruction set
• Medium-density Flash/EEPROM:
- Program memory: 32 Kbytes of Flash memory; data retention 20 years at 55°C after 100 cycles
- Data memory: 128 bytes of true data EEPROM; endurance up to 100 k write/erase cycles
• RAM: 2 Kbytes
Clock, reset and supply management
• 2.95 V to 5.5 V operating voltage
• Flexible clock control, 4 master clock sources:
- Low power crystal resonator oscillator
- External clock input
- Internal, user-trimmable 16 MHz RC
- Internal low power 128 kHz RC
• Clock security system with clock monitor
• Power management:
- Low power modes (wait, active-halt, halt)
- Switch-off peripheral clocks individually
• Permanently active, low consumption power-on and power-down reset
• Nested interrupt controller with 32 interrupts
• Up to 37 external interrupts on 6 vectors
• 2x 16-bit general purpose timers, with 2+3 CAPCOM channels (IC, OC or PWM)
• Advanced control timer: 16-bit, 4 CAPCOM channels, 3 complementary outputs, dead-time insertion and flexible synchronization
• 8-bit basic timer with 8-bit prescaler
• Auto wake-up timer
• Window and independent watchdog timers
• UART with clock output for synchronous operation, Smartcard, IrDA, LIN
• SPI interface up to 8 Mbit/s
• I2C interface up to 400 Kbit/s
Analog-to-digital converter (ADC)
• 10-bit, ±1 LSB ADC with up to 10 multiplexed channels, scan mode and analog watchdog
• Up to 38 I/Os on a 48-pin package including 16 high sink outputs
• Highly robust I/O design, immune against current injection
• Embedded single wire interface module (SWIM) for fast on-chip programming and non intrusive debugging