The TEA152x family is a Switched Mode Power Supply (SMPS) controller IC that operates directly from the rectified universal mains. It is implemented in the high voltage EZ-HV SOI process, combined with a low voltage BICMOS process. The device includes a high voltage power switch and a circuit for start-up directly from the rectified mains voltage.
• Designed for general purpose supplies up to 50 W
• Integrated power switch:
– TEA1520: 48 Ω; 650 V
– TEA1521: 24 Ω; 650 V
– TEA1522: 12 Ω; 650 V
– TEA1523: 6.5 Ω; 650 V
– TEA1524: 3.4 Ω; 650 V.
• Operates from universal AC mains supplies (80 to 276 V)
• Adjustable frequency for flexible design
• RC oscillator for load insensitive regulation loop constant
• Valley switching for minimum switch-on loss (not implemented in TEA152xAJM versions)
• Frequency reduction at low power output makes low standby power possible (<100 mW)
• Adjustable overcurrent protection
• Under voltage protection
• Temperature protection
• Short circuit winding protection
• Simple application with both primary and secondary (opto) feedback
• Available in 8-pin DIP, 14-pin SO and 9-pin DBS packages.
Typical application areas for the STARplug™ are:
• STB (Set Top Box)
• TV/monitor standby supplies
• PC peripherals
• Microcontroller supplies in home applications and small portable equipment, etc.