The XRT79L71 is a single channel, ATM UNI/PPP Physical Layer Processor with integrated DS3/E3 framing controller and Line Interface Unit with Jitter Attenuator that is designed to support ATM direct mapping and cell delineation as well as PPP mapping and Frame processing. For ATM UNI applications, this device provides the ATM Physical Layer (Physical Medium Dependent and Transmission Convergence sub-layers) interface for the public and private networks at DS3/E3 rates. For Clear-Channel Framer applications, this device supports the transmission and reception of “user data” via the DS3/E3 payload.
The XRT79L71 includes DS3/E3 Framing, Line Interface Unit with Jitter Attenuator that supports mapping of ATM or HDLC framed data. A flexible parallel microprocessor interface is provided for configuration and control. Industry standard UTOPIA II and POS-PHY interface are also provided.
• Integrated T3/E3 Line Interface Unit
• Integrated Jitter Attenuator that can be selected
either in Receive or Transmit path
• Flexible integrated Clock Multiplier that takes single
frequency clock and generates either DS3 or E3
• 8/16 bit UTOPIA Level I and II and PPP Multi-PHY
Interface operating at 25, 33 or 50 MHz.
• HDLC Controller that provides the mapping/
extraction of either bit or byte mapped
encapsulated packet from DS3/E3 Frame.
• Contains on-chip 16 cell FIFO (configurable in
depths of 4, 8, 12 or 16 cells), in both the Transmit
(TxFIFO) and Receive Directions (RxFIFO)
• Contains on-chip 54 byte Transmit and Receive
OAM Cell Buffer for transmission, reception and
processing of OAM Cells
• Supports ATM cell or PPP Packet Mapping
• Supports M13 and C-Bit Parity Framing Formats
• Supports DS3/E3 Clear-Channel Framing.
• Includes PRBS Generator and Receiver
• Supports Line, Cell, and PLCP Loop-backs
• Interfaces to 8 Bit wide Intel, Motorola, PowerPC,
and Mips µPs
• Low power 3.3V, 5V Input Tolerant, CMOS
• Available in 208 STBl PBGA Package
• JTAG Interface (Continue ...)
• Digital Access and Cross Connect Systems
• 3G Base Stations
• Digital, ATM, WAN and LAN Switches