AP1510 consists of step-down switching regulator with PWM control. These devices include a reference voltage source, oscillation circuit, error amplifier and internal PMOS.
AP1510 provides low-ripple power, high efficiency and excellent transient characteristics. The PWM control circuit is able to vary the duty ratio linearly from 0 up to 100%. This converter also contains an error amplifier circuit. An enable function, an over current protection and a short circuit protection are built inside, when OCP or SCP happens, the operation frequency will be reduced from 300kHz to 30kHz. Also, an internal compensation block is built in to minimum external component count.
With the addition of an internal P-channel Power MOS, a coil, capacitors, and a diode connected externally, these ICs can function as step-down switching regulators. They serve as ideal power supply units for portable devices when coupled with the SO-8 package, providing such outstanding features as low current consumption. Since this converter can accommodate an input voltage up to 23V, it is also suitable for the operation via an AC adapter.
● Input Voltage: 3.6V to 23V
● Output Voltage: 0.8V to VCC
● Duty Ratio: 0% to 100% PWM Control
● Oscillation Frequency: 300kHz Typ
● Current Limit, Enable Function
● Thermal Shutdown Function
● Built-in Internal SW P-channel MOS
● Totally Lead-Free & Fully RoHS Compliant (Notes 1 & 2)
● Halogen and Antimony Free.“Green” Device (Note 3)
● Cellular Phones
● PC Motherboard
● LCD Monitor
● Graphic Card
● DVD-Video Player
● Telecom Equipment
● ADSL Modem
● Printer and Other Peripheral Equipment
● Microprocessor Core Supply
● Networking Power Supply