The BD4912/BD4912-V4 provides multiple supply voltage outputs for use in car audio and satellite navigation systems with CD player, radio, antenna, lighting, and other components. In addition to overcurrent, overvoltage, and thermal shutdown circuits, it incorporates circuitry for reacting to sudden BATTERY power failures and is ideal for car audio and satellite navigation systems. With its 110 µA (max.) standby current, the BD4912/BD4912-V4 delivers low current consumption when the BATTERY is off.
1) Built-in power supplies for car audio and satellite navigation systems
• 5.0 V microcontroller power supply
• 8.12 V audio power supply
• 7.9 V radio power supply
• 10.3 V lighting power supply
• 1 VDD-linked high side switch
• 2 VCC-linked high side switches
2) Compatible with 0.1 µF output load ceramic capacitors. (Note: Select the adequate capacitance values for each particular application)
3) The ability to operate VDD using the charge stored in a backup capacitor, prevents the IC from malfunctioning in the event of a sudden BATTERY power failure.
4) Output pins use low-dropout P-channel POWER MOS FETs
5) Built-in overcurrent protection circuits
6) Built-in overvoltage protection circuits
7) Built-in thermal shutdown circuit
8) A 12-pin power package gives the IC large power dissipation capabilities and is ideal for space-saving designs.
Car audio and satellite navigation systems