The bq24702/bq24703 is a highly integrated battery charge controller and selector tailored for notebook and sub-notebook PC applications.
The bq24702/bq24703 uses dynamic power management (DPM) to minimize battery charge time by maximizing use of available wall-adapter power. This is achieved by dynamically adjusting the battery charge current based on the total system (adapter) current.
The bq24702/bq24703 uses a fixed frequency, pulse width modulator (PWM) to accurately control battery charge current and voltage. Charge current limits can be programmed from a keyboard controller DAC or by external resistor dividers from the precision 5-V, ±0.6%, externally bypassed voltage reference (VREF), supplied by the bq24702/bq24703.
● Dynamic Power Management, DPM
Minimizes Battery Charge Time
● Integrated Selector Supports Battery
Conditioning and Smart Battery Learn Cycle
● Zero Volt Operation
● Selector Feedback Circuit Ensures
● ±0.4% Charge Voltage Accuracy, Suitable for
Charging Li-Ion Cells
● ±4% Charge Current Accuracy
● 300-kHz Integrated PWM Controller for
High-Efficiency Buck Regulation
● Depleted Battery Detection and Indication to
Protect Battery From Over Discharge
● 20-µA Sleep Mode Current for Low Battery
● 24-Pin TSSOP Package and 5 mm × 5 mm
QFN package (bq24703 only)