The DRV8816 provides a versatile power driver solution with two independent ½-H bridge drivers. The device can drive one brushed DC motor or one winding of a stepper motor, as well as other devices like solenoids. A simple INx/ENx interface allows easy interfacing to controller circuits.
The output stages use N-channel power MOSFETs configured as ½-H-bridges. The DRV8816 is capable of peak output currents up to ±2.8 A and operating voltages up to 38 V. An internal charge pump generates needed gate drive voltages.
A low-power sleep mode is provided which shuts down internal circuitry to achieve very-low quiescent current draw. This sleep mode can be set using a dedicated nSLEEP pin.
Internal protection functions are provided for UVLO, charge pump fault, OCP, short-to-supply protection, short-to-ground protection, overtemperature warning, and overtemperature shutdown. Fault conditions are indicated through a nFAULT pin The DRV8816 is packaged in a 16-pin HTSSOP package with PowerPAD™ (Eco-friendly: RoHS & no Sb/Br)
• H-Bridge Motor Driver Individual
– Drives a DC Motor or Other Loads
– Low RDS(on) MOSFETs (0.4-Ω TYP)
• Low-Power Sleep Mode
• 100% PWM Supported
• 8- to 38-V Operating Supply Voltage Range
• Thermally Enhanced Surface Mount Package
• Configurable Overcurrent Limit
• Protection Features
– VBB Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
– Charge Pump Undervoltage (CPUV)
– Overcurrent Protection (OCP)
– Short-to-Supply Protection (STS)
– Short-to-Ground Protection (STG)
– Overtemperature Warning (OTW)
– Overtemperature Shutdown (OTS)
– Fault Condition Indication Pin (nFAULT)
• Industrial Automation
• Motorized Levers