The LC72191, LC72191M and LC72191JM are PLL frequency synthesizers for electronic tuning. The LC72191, LC72191M and LC72191JM are optimal for AM/FM tuner circuits that require high mounting densities.
Designed for use in car stereos, the LC72191 provides a rich set of reference frequencies, I/O ports, a general purpose counter, and an unlock detection circuit.
• Programmable dividers
— FMIN pin: 130 MHz at 70 mVrms and 160 MHz at 100 mVrms input (built-in prescaler)
— AMIN pin: Pulse swallower and direct division techniques
• Reference frequencies: Ten selectable frequencies:
1, 5, 9, 10, 3.125, 6.25, 12.5 25, 50 and 100 kHz
• Output ports: 7 pins
Complementary outputs: 2 pins
N-channel open drain outputs: 5 pins
• Input ports: 2 pins
• General-purpose counter: For measuring IF and other signals (Also used for station detection when functioning as an IF counter.)
— HCTR pin: Frequency measurement (for inputs up to 70 MHz)
— LCTR pin: Frequency and period measurement
• PLL unlock detection circuit
Detects phase differences of 0.55, 1.11, 2.22 and 3.33 µs.
• Controller clock output: 400 kHz
• Clock time base output: 8 Hz
• Serial data I/O
— Supports CCB format communication with the system controller.