Utilizing the circuit designs perfected for recently introduced Quad Operational Amplifiers, these dual operational amplifiers feature 1) low power drain, 2) a common mode input voltage range extending to ground/VEE, 3) single supply or split supply operation and 4) pinouts compatible with the popular MC1558 dual operational amplifier. The LM158 series is equivalent to one–half of an LM124.
These amplifiers have several distinct advantages over standard operational amplifier types in single supply applications. They can operate at supply voltages as low as 3.0 V or as high as 32 V, with quiescent currents about one–fifth of those associated with the MC1741 (on a per amplifier basis). The common mode input range includes the negative supply, thereby eliminating the necessity for external biasing components in many applications. The output voltage range also includes the negative power supply voltage.
1. Short Circuit Protected Outputs
2. True Differential Input Stage
3. Single Supply Operation: 3.0 V to 32 V
4. Low Input Bias Currents
5. Internally Compensated
6. Common Mode Range Extends to Negative Supply
7. Single and Split Supply Operation
8. Similar Performance to the Popular MC1558
9. ESD Clamps on the Inputs Increase Ruggedness of the Device without Affecting Operation