Integrated circuits, Transistor, Semiconductors Free Datasheet Search and Download Site
|Description||4-Port FC/GE Retimer and FC-AL Port Bypass Controller|
• Supports 4 Fibre Channel Physical Interfaces at 1.0625 or 2.125 Gbit/s per Fibre Channel – Physical Interface (FC-PI) or 4 Gigabit Ethernet Retimers at 1.25 Gbit/s per IEEE 802.3z.
• Each port supports FC 1G or 2G rate detection/auto-selection.
• Supports Arbitrated Loop and Retimer configuration.
• Each port is independently selectable to perform retimer, reclocker or bypass-path function.
• Non-blocking crossconnect supports protection switching, broadcasting and multicasting.
• Automatic selection of retimer, reclocker or bypass-path function to minimize latency and jitter when a disk is bypassed.
• Per-port receive monitoring for loss of signal, error rate, and link level violations.
• Supports single-ended or differential 106.25 MHz reference clock REFCLK for Fibre Channel applications or 125 Mhz reference clock for Gigabit Ethernet applications.
• High-speed outputs with selectable preemphasis per port to counteract dielectric losses and allow maximum reach on printed circuit boards.
• Selectable receive input equalization for improved signal integrity.
• Minimized board footprint and improved signal integrity achieved because:
• No external components are required to interface the high-speed signals to optics, coax, or serial backplanes using the internal AC coupling capacitors and terminating resistors.
• Receive input termination of 100 Ω or 150 Ω differential is selectable.
• Source output impedance of 100 Ω or 150 Ω differential is programmable.
• FC-AL Nodes.
• RAID Storage Systems.
• JBOD Storage Systems.
• MBOD Storage Systems.
• SBOD Storage Systems.
• Fibre Channel Hubs.
• 1.0625/2.125 Gbit/s Backplanes.
• Gigabit Ethernet Retimer.
HOME 'PM8372' Search