The TPS7A8300 is a low-noise (6 µVRMS), low-dropout voltage regulator (LDO) capable of sourcing a 2-A load with only 125 mV of maximum dropout.
The TPS7A8300 output voltages are fully user-adjustable (up to 3.95 V) using a printed circuit board (PCB) layout without the need of external resistors, thus reducing overall component count. For higher output voltage applications, the device achieves output voltages up to 5 V with the use of external resistors. The device supports very low input voltages (down to 1.1 V) with the use of an additional BIAS rail.
With very high accuracy (1% over line, load, and temperature), remote sensing, and soft-start capabilities to reduce inrush current, the TPS7A8300 is ideal for powering high-current, low-voltage devices such as high-end microprocessors and field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs).
The TPS7A8300 is designed to power-up noise-sensitive components in high-speed communication applications. The very low-noise, 6-µVRMS device output and high broad-bandwidth PSRR (40 dB at 1 MHz) minimizes phase noise and clock jitter in high-frequency signals. These features maximize performance of clocking devices, analog-to-digital converters (ADCs), and digital-to-analog converters (DACs).
For applications where positive and negative low-noise rails are required, consider TIs TPS7A33 family of negative high-voltage, ultralow-noise linear regulators.
• Ultralow Dropout: 125 mV Maximum at 2 A
• Output Voltage Noise: 6 µVRMS
• Power-Supply Ripple Rejection:
– 40 dB at 1 MHz
• Input Voltage Range:
– Without BIAS: 1.4 V to 6.5 V
– With BIAS: 1.1 V to 6.5 V
• Two Output Voltage Modes:
– ANY-OUT™ Version (User-Programmable Output via PCB Layout):
– No External Resistor Required
– Output Voltage Range: 0.8 V to 3.95 V
– Adjustable Version:
– Output Voltage Range: 0.8 V to 5.0 V
• 1.0% Accuracy Over Line, Load, and Temperature
• Stable with a 22-µF Output Ceramic Capacitor
• Programmable Soft-Start Output
• Power-Good (PG) Output
• Available Packages:
– 5-mm × 5-mm VQFN-20
– 3.5-mm × 3.5-mm VQFN-20
• RF, IF Components: VCO, ADC, DAC, LVDS
• Wireless Infrastructure: SerDes, FPGA, DSP™
• Test and Measurement
• Instrumentation, Medical, and Audio