This “standard recovery” rectifier diode is military qualified to MIL-PRF-19500/587 and is ideal for high-reliability applications where a failure cannot be tolerated. These industry-recognized 500 mA rated rectifiers for working peak reverse voltages from 225 to 600 volts are hermetically sealed with void-less-glass construction using an internal “Category I” metallurgical bond. The surface mount MELF package configurations are also available by adding a “US” suffix (see separate data sheet for 1N6661US thru 1N6663US). Microsemi also offers numerous other rectifier products to meet higher and lower current ratings with various recovery time speed requirements including fast and ultrafast device types in both through-hole and surface mount packages.
• Popular JEDEC registered 1N6661 thru 1N6663 series
• Voidless hermetically sealed glass package
• Triple-Layer Passivation
• Internal “Category I” Metallurgical bonds
• Working Peak Reverse Voltage 225 to 600 Volts.
• JAN, JANTX, and JANTXV available per MIL-PRF-19500/587
• Surface mount equivalents also available in a square
end-cap MELF configuration with “US” suffix (also see
1N6661US thru 1N6663US)
APPLICATIONS / BENEFITS
• Standard recovery 0.5 Amp rectifiers 225 to 600 V
• Military and other high-reliability applications
• General rectifier applications including bridges,
half-bridges, catch diodes, etc.
• Forward surge current capability
• Extremely robust construction
• Low thermal resistance in small DO-35 package
• Inherently radiation hard as described in Microsemi MicroNote 050