The MC54/74HC4060 is identical in pinout to the standard CMOS MC14060B.The device inputs arecompatible with standard CMOS outputs; with pullup resistors, they are compatible with LSTTL outputs. This device consists of 14 master–slave flip–flopsand an oscillator with a frequencythat is controlled either by a crystal or by an RC circuit connected externally.The output of each flip–flop feeds the next, and the frequency at eachoutput is half that of the preceding one. The state of the counter advanceson the negative–going edge of Osc In. The active–high Reset is asynchronousand disables the oscillator to allow very low power consump tion during standby operation. Statechanges of the Q outputs do not occur simultaneously because of internalripple delays. Therefore, decoded output signals are subject to decoding spikes and may need to be gated with Osc Out 2 of the HC4060.
• Output Drive Capability: 10 LSTTL Loads
• Outputs Directly Interface to CMOS, NMOS, and TTL
• Operating Voltage Range: 2 to 6 V
• Low Input Current: 1 µA
• High Noise Immunity Characteristic of CMOS Devices
• In Compliance with the Requirements Defined by JEDEC Standard No. 7A
• Chip Complexity: 390 FETs or 97.5 Equivalent Gates