The TSOP98... series devices are the latest generation miniaturized IR receiver modules for infrared remote control systems. This series provides improvements in sensitivity to remote control signals in dark ambient as well as in sensitivity in the presence of optical disturbances e.g. from CFLs.
The devices contain a PIN diode and a preamplifier assembled on a lead frame. The epoxy package contains an IR filter. The demodulated output signal can be directly connected to a microprocessor for decoding.
• Improved dark sensitivity
• Improved immunity against optical noise
• Very low supply current
• Photo detector and preamplifier in one package
• Internal filter for PCM frequency
• Low supply voltage: 2.0 V to 3.6 V
• Insensitive to supply voltage ripple and noise
• Material categorization:
for definitions of compliance please see