The TPS799 family of low-dropout (LDO), low-power linear regulators offers excellent ac performance with very low ground current. High power-supply rejection ratio (PSRR), low noise, fast start-up, and excellent line and load transient response are provided while consuming a very low 40-μA (typical) ground current.
The TPS799 is stable with ceramic capacitors and uses an advanced BiCMOS fabrication process to yield a dropout voltage of typically 100 mV at a 200-mA output. The TPS799 uses a precision voltage reference and feedback loop to achieve an overall accuracy of 2% over all load, line, process, and temperature variations. The TPS799 features inrush current protection when the EN toggle is used to start the device, immediately clamping the current.
All devices are fully specified over the temperature range of TJ = –40°C to 125°C, and offered in a low-profile, die-sized ball grid array (DSBGA) package, ideal for wireless handsets and WLAN cards.
• 200-mA Low-Dropout Regulator With EN
• Multiple Output Voltage Versions Available:
– Fixed Outputs of 1.2 V to 4.5 V Using
Innovative Factory EEPROM Programming
– Adjustable Outputs from 1.20 V to 6.5 V
• Inrush Current Protection with EN Toggle
• Low IQ: 40 μA
• High PSRR: 66 dB at 1 kHz
• Stable with a Low-ESR, 2-μF Typical Output
• Excellent Load and Line Transient Response
• 2% Overall Accuracy (Load, Line, and Temperature)
• Very Low Dropout: 100 mV
• Package: 5-Bump, Thin, 1-mm × 1.37-mm DSBGA
• Cellular Phones
• Wireless LAN, Bluetooth®
• VCOs, RF
• Handheld Organizers, PDAs