The UC3842A, UC3843A series of high performance fixed frequency current mode controllers are specifically designed for off–line and dc–to–dc converter applications offering the designer a cost effective solution with minimal external components. These integrated circuits feature a trimmed oscillator for precise duty cycle control, a temperature compensated reference, high gain error amplifier, current sensing comparator, and a high
current totem pole output ideally suited for driving a power MOSFET.
The UCX842A has UYLO thresholds of 16 V (on) and 10 V (off), ideally suited for off–line converters. The UCX843A is tailored for lower voltage applications having UVLO thresholds of 8.5 V (on) and 7.6 V (off).
• Trimmed Oscillator Discharge Current for Precise Duty Cycle Control
• Current Mode Operation to 500 kHz
• Automatic Feed Forward Compensation
• Latching PWM for Cycle–By–Cycle Current Limiting
• Internally Trimmed Reference with Undervoltage Lockout
• High Current Totem Pole Output
• Undervoltage Lockout with Hysteresis
• Low Startup and Operating Current
• Direct Interface with Motorola SENSEFET Products